Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy 80th Birthday, Mom!

Eighty years ago, on a stormy Thanksgiving night, Orville drove to town to fetch the doctor so that he could help Helen deliver her baby girl, Dolores.




Dear Mom,

I wish I could be with you in person today, but since I'm not, I'm sending you my love through the computer. Mom, thank you over and over for everything you do and everything you are. Thank you for always having a homemade dinner on the table when we were growing up except for the tuna casserole and brussel sprouts because those were gross. Thank you for helping me get A's on every school report I ever did. Thank you for all the dresses you sewed for me and for always dressing me so much better than Danny. Thank you for taking the time to put all of our family photos into chronological albums with captions because I now totally appreciate what a huge job that is. Thank you for being my biggest supporter since… forever. Thank you for every sacrifice you’ve made on my behalf. Thank you for loving me through every tantrum (even though I don’t believe I ever misbehaved!), every mood swing (what!?) and anything I ever did that caused you worry or concern or heartache.

I love you so much, Mom. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're really going to leave me a comment? Thank you, thank you, thank you!